- Electrical and Electronics Engineer with +7 years of experience in academia (about precision farming) and +2 years of experience in the private sector.
- Designed and implemented variable-rate sprayer system for orchards which is increased spraying efficiency %50 by adjusting spraying based on tree canopy volume data.
- Implemented data science skills on various academic research projects (about precision farming).
- Professional, creative, flexible with analytical skills and proven skills at project management, organization, and research.
Travelling by car (traveled from Turkey to 17 European countries), cooking (Turkish Cuisine, spicy foods are my favorite), carpentry (building a sofa), data science applications in agriculture (digitalization of the farming can feed 1billion extra people)
EMPLOYMENT & EXPERIENCE
Namik Kemal University, Biosystems Engineering Department
Research Assistant / Data Analyst
June 2010 – Present
- As a head of Electronic Design team of the first Solar Car (SonOfSun – AmonRa) at Namik Kemal University, we attended to national solar car race which is organized by TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and got 11th place at 2014 within 21 teams
- As a head of Electronic Design team of the first Electric Car (SonOfSun – Cherry) at Namik Kemal University, we attended to international Efficiency Challenge Electric Vehicle 2016 which is organized by TÜBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and got 10th place at 2016 within 34 teams
- I was the team captain of Namik Kemal University Robot Team (Tractacus) at FieldRobotEvent, 2012. This competition was organized by Fontys University of Applied Sciences and Wageningen University and Research at Venlo-Netherland. We got the 3rd place at Free Style competition with our robot within 20 teams from 9 different countries.
- I took part in the 8 research projects as a researcher which are funded more than $250.000 in total.
- As a member of editorial board of the Namik Kemal University, Journal of Tekirdag Agricultural Faculty, I am responsible for management and update of the journal website.
Technical Support and Sales Engineer
June 2006 – May 2009
- Technical support and sales engineer at CCTV and home automation (X10) company. I was responsible for management and coordination of 4 individuals in my team
- I got %5 equity of the company based on my performance at the sales
- Conducted educational programs for 1300 vendors at more than 60 provinces of Turkey about new products and giving them technical support
- Installation support for end-users
- Post and Pre-sales consultancy
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Namik Kemal University
Ph.D. Candidate, Biosystems Engineering – Agricultural Machinery
Feb 2013 –Present
Carnegie Mellon University
Machine Learning Summer School
Namik Kemal University
M.Sc., Biosystems Engineering – Agricultural Machinery
Feb 2009 – June 2013
B.Sc., Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Sep 2002– June 2006
Feb 2017 – Apr 2017
Data Scientist with Python Certificate
Hub Spot Academy
Inbound Marketing Certificate
Coursera – University of Washington
Jan 2016 – Sep 2016
Machine Learning Specialization Certificate
You can check my academic papers at the following links: